Monday, January 28, 2008

Fame at last

I thought I was pretty fair on my friends at Third Rate Western this morning when I was interviewed by BBC Points West on the (not quite as overcrowded as usual) 7:44 to Temple Meads. In fact, I even admitted that so far this year, the 7:44 has been quite reliable. But the point still had to be made that it's cheaper and faster to drive from Chippenham to Bristol that to get the train, and much less crowded.
No signs of the expected chaos from the fare strike at Bristol, although I was a few minutes ahead of Dom Joly and his film crew. Plenty of Police, though, to deal with the hardened criminals dodging their fares.
Did I mention I was on the telly?

1 comment:

UKTrainMan said...

Erm, the train can go between 100 & 125 mph whilst cars are limited to a mere 70mph simply by the speed limits....so how exactly can a car be faster? I welcome a reply/response!