Monday, January 28, 2008

Come back, cameraman!

Shame the cameraman from this morning wasn't on the 18:30 Temple Meads to London train tonight as I would have been much more scathing about Third Rate Western than I was this morning when he interviewed me (did I mention I was on the telly?). Delayed by over 40 minutes by the time we got to Chippenham because of an earlier points failure at Bathampton Junction (probably happened when a stupid little stopping train was pulling out in front of hundreds of people on their way down from London).
So, no information at Bristol, until a quiet announcement that the delay was caused by "congestion". CONGESTION?! That has to go into the top 10 list of implausible excuses for late trains really, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, we get the gist, you were on the telly ;)

ABP said...

Did you end up getting your name taken like me? Oh what will become of us?

thirdratewestern said...

No they didn't take my name, but I did get a dirty look from a chap in an FGW uniform...

UKTrainMan said...

The points are the responsibility of Network Rail (sorry, 'Network Fail') and nothing to do with First Great Western as the TOC. If points go wrong then FGW can't do much about it except work around the problem. I would have thought that the "Congestion" you mention was referring to the delayed trains due to this points failure earlier on.