Saturday, December 29, 2007

Official - Train Crew are Blind

According to the cheerful response from Third Rate Western to my latest rantogram,
The 0744 Chippenham to Bristol Temple Meads is timetabled to call at Keynsham to pick up commuters for Bristol, in order to ease pressure on local services. It does this because it has space available, even when running as an Adelante.

3 possible reasons for this conclusion: either the train crew are blind and can't see that the trains are full, or the train crew know damn well that the trains are full but can't be arsed to tell the management, or possibly the Third Rate Western management know damn well the trains are full because their staff and customers are telling them but they don't care. I wonder which it is.
On the bright side, though,

This will only be for a short time, as within a matter of weeks it will revert to a refreshed HST.

Hurrah! So now I get to walk into poorly refurbished sliding doors again.

5 comments:

ABP said...

Have a happy new year! If you want you can plug your blog on my topsites list at http://topsites.voltageforums.com/

I-hate-whinging-commuters said...

I have just read your site. You really would whinge if your arse was on fire and somebody pissed on you to put it out. What do you do for a day job - rocket scientist or Neurosurgeon?

It's a train, not a taxi - you know, public transport. That means that everyone else is entitled to travel on the same train as you. FFS, the journey you describe is only about 20 minutes, is diddums so pathetic that you must have a whole carriage to yourself?

Some advice, if you don't like the train you usually catch, either; 1. get up earlier and catch a quieter train, 2. get up later and catch a quieter train, 3. f*ck off and catch a bus, or 4. drive. It would create more space for everybody else on the train, and stop you stealing oxygen.

Stop inflicting your moronic whining on the rest of the world

thirdratewestern said...

It's a tongue in cheek account of what it's like to commute by train. If you don't like it, do feel free to fuck off elsewhere.

catfish said...

your 3rd comment is right -the staff DO constantly moan to management about the overcrowding, FGW is abit akin to Stalinist russia like that -dont tell the truth as Comrade Stalin only wants to hear about targets MET not ones missed!

UKTrainMan said...

I'm sorry to say this but I do have to agree with "I-hate-whinging-commuters" on this, the journey is a mere 20 minutes long and you manage to whinge about it. I missed a train today by only a few minutes and I ended up waiting 30 minutes for the next one (and I was standing up the whole time). I tend to listen to music via my MP3 player on most journeys and this makes time fly passed...I would highly recommend it!!